18 May Derilinx presenting the Public Service Data Catalogue project at CKAN Monthly Live – 25 May 2022
25th May 2022 – 13h (UTC)
We are delighted to speak again at CKAN Monthly Live. Upcoming session on May 25th 2022, 1pm UTC.
Derilinx will present the OGCIO project – Building Ireland’s National Data Sharing Platform / Public Service Catalogue (datacatalogue.gov.ie).
Underpinning this Vision Statement or Ireland’s National Public Service Data Strategy is the creation of an Interoperability Platform that effectively enables Public Service Bodies (PSBs), in a secured controlled and flexible manner, to discover/share/link/re-use data for better decision-making, improved services and engagement across the stakeholder landscape.
Derilinx built a public/private CKAN based Data Catalogue (datacatalogue.gov.ie) that enables the publication, access and sharing of metadata information about Public Service Bodies dataset either in a full open fashion or in a PSB restricted fashion (to facilitate safe and controlled sharing across PSBs). This is a great illustration of CKAN as a Data Sharing tool.
- Learn how we built a CKAN based Data Catalogue with security rules to allow not only access to datasets in a full open fashion but also in a restricted way to allow PSBs sharing data privately
- Understand Ireland’s wider Digital Transformation Strategy
- Understand next steps linked to Ireland Data Sharing Programme
The Public Service Data Catalogue aims to promote openness and transparency around the data held by the public service by cataloguing and describing public service data. It is available on datacatalogue.gov.ie.
Derilinx provide a fully managed Data Hub and a suite of Open Data expert services, including an overall programme of portal enhancement and ecosystem management initiatives. datacatalogue.gov.ie is a customised version of the Derilinx datAdore platform that addresses specific requirements linked to the nature of the catalogue.
Adriano Amaral, Product and Programme Manager at Derilinx
Adriano Amaral is an experienced project and product manager with 10 years of open data expertise, with achievements on open data and big data projects from conception, design to delivery. He has 20 years of experience around product development and innovation in several fields, from engineering and software, crossing to business and services delivery. Over the last 10 years, he has focused on the open data value chain through government and enterprises.
Since joining Derilinx, Adriano has worked as Open Data Expert and Project Lead for key Irish and International projects in Derilinx, some of them were:
- National Building Control Office Open Data Portal (data.nbco.gov.ie) – Project Management and ETL Architect for this CKAN based Open Data Portal
- Heritage Data Hub Prototyping and Roadmapping. Adriano brought together his project/product manager expertise together with his Open Data Subject Matter Expertise to complete a rapid prototyping, visioning and roadmapping for the future Heritage Data Hub for Ireland. The Heritage Data Hub will combine both Open Data and Big Data Store components (videos, pictures etc) is more than just open data but creating a data store where people could enjoy and play with the Heritage, National WildLife and Parks info.
- Hale & Hearty (Eu Funded Project) – innovative Open Data Knowledge Base approach where users move from traditional data exposure to dynamic knowledge access around the Health and Wellbeing through a variety of data published by multiple publishers across multiple data formats (inc. Geospatial).
Follow the conversation! #CKANMonthlyLive