25 Jul A Data Strategy Ireland’s Health and Safety Authority – OGP Framework in Action!
Ireland’s Health and Safety Authority (HSA) is leveraging the OGP Framework for Technical Services for Open Data and Data Management to avail of Derilinx expert services.
The HSA has recognised the opportunity to become insight rich as a whole organisation:
- Leveraging more external data (e.g. from the Health Service Executive regarding A&E)
- Addressing known data gaps internally including (but not limited to) Inspection Data
- Processing and leveraging internal data more efficiently (e.g. Contact Centre Data)
- Building an overall corporate Data & Analytics capability that addresses current business needs and enables the organisation to adapt in an agile fashion to changing business needs/opportunities (future proofing)
- Putting in place a Data Governance framework that will positively impact current and future data practices (collection, access, integration, quality, curation etc)
- Progressively building business insights across the analytics spectrum (business intelligence and advanced analytics)
- Building a Data Infrastructure that supports the above goals.
In this context, the HSA recognises the need for a wider Data Strategy to be designed to inform the establishment of a comprehensive Data & Analytics programme focused on delivering the “insight rich” outcome.
Derilinx will provide HSA with a Data Strategy centred on delivering tangible business benefits to the organisation. This strategy will be based on three pillars:
- Business Opportunities / Use Cases
- Right data and technology supply
- Organisational readiness to produce and act on insights
A practical outcome focused roadmap structured around the above three pillars will guide the HSA’s effort towards becoming an insight rich organisation.
You can find all public projects coming from the OGP Framework here.
You might also be interested in:
Everything you need to know about the Technical Services Framework for Open Data and Data Management for the Irish Public Sector
Latest posts for Irish Public Sector
The Valuation Office (now Tailte Éireann)’s Data Audit report is published! – OGP Framework in action
Ireland's Valuation Office (now Tailte Éireann) is leveraging the OGP Framework for Technical Services for Open Data and Data Management. They will work with Derilinx to build a publication plan and l...
The new Open Data Portal for the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine is live! – OGP Framework in Action!
DAFM worked with Derilinx using the Technical Services Framework for Open Data and Data Management, facilitated by the Office of Government Procurement (OGP). Derilinx started working with DAFM in 202...
1 year of OGP Technical Services Framework for Open Data and Data Management
It’s been one year since the OGP Technical Services Framework for Open Data and Data Management for Irish Public Service Bodies was launched. Multiple Irish Public Service Bodies and Local Authorities...