A Data Strategy Ireland’s Health and Safety Authority – OGP Framework in Action!
Ireland’s Health and Safety Authority (HSA) is leveraging the OGP Framework for Technical Services for Open Data and Data Management to avail of Derilinx expert services.
The HSA has recognised the opportunity to become insight rich as a whole organisation:
- Leveraging more external data (e.g. from the Health Service Executive regarding A&E)
- Addressing known data gaps internally including (but not limited to) Inspection Data
- Processing and leveraging internal data more efficiently (e.g. Contact Centre Data)
- Building an overall corporate Data & Analytics capability that addresses current business needs and enables the organisation to adapt in an agile fashion to changing business needs/opportunities (future proofing)
- Putting in place a Data Governance framework that will positively impact current and future data practices (collection, access, integration, quality, curation etc)
- Progressively building business insights across the analytics spectrum (business intelligence and advanced analytics)
- Building a Data Infrastructure that supports the above goals.
In this context, the HSA recognises the need for a wider Data Strategy to be designed to inform the establishment of a comprehensive Data & Analytics programme focused on delivering the “insight rich” outcome.
Derilinx will provide HSA with a Data Strategy centred on delivering tangible business benefits to the organisation. This strategy will be based on three pillars:
- Business Opportunities / Use Cases
- Right data and technology supply
- Organisational readiness to produce and act on insights
A practical outcome focused roadmap structured around the above three pillars will guide the HSA’s effort towards becoming an insight rich organisation.
You can find all public projects coming from the OGP Framework here.
You might also be interested in:
Latest posts for Irish Public Sector
In January 2023, the European Commission published a list of categories of high-value datasets that public sector bodies will have to make available for re-use, free of charge, by June 2024. This arti...
data.europa.eu recently published the report 'Rethinking the impact of open data – A first step towards a European impact assessment for open data'. In this article, we highlight some of the key findi...
Derilinx delivered a full Data Strategy for the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission – OGP in Action!
Last year we posted about the start of a data audit for the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission in Ireland (CCPC). This was the first step of a full data strategy that has now been delivere...