The new “Open Data and Re Use of Public Sector Information (PSI)” Directive is due to be transposed into Irish law by July 2021.
The inclusion of ‘Open Data’ in the title provides clarity and strengthens the requirement for public bodies to publish data in open formats.
It means that Public Service Bodies need to plan and execute concrete practical steps to comply with this Directive that will translate into realising the underlying benefits linked to Open Data in general and Data Sharing intra/inter Public Service Organisations.
Derilinx has been at the heart of Open Data in Ireland and internationally since inception in supporting Public Service Organisations plan and execute Data Initiatives and realise tangible benefits linked to Open/Shared data in the publication and the delivery of benefits. Customers in Ireland include the Irealnd’s Open Data Unit (DPER), the Office of the Government CIO, Tusla, the HSE, the National Building Control Office; and internationally the World Bank, the East West Management Institute, the International Aid Transparency Initiative.
In this one-hour Introduction Webinar, that took place on 24th March 2020, participants gained a practitioner perspective on the overall context linked to the directive, what it concretely means for Public Service Bodies and how to get ready for it with a practical tool to put to work for your organisation.
- Rhoda Kerins – Department of Public Expenditure and Reform – Head of Ireland Open Data Unit – the new Open Data and Public Service Information Directive
- Deirdre Lee – Founder and Director of Derilinx – Overall Perspective of the new Directive and Key Success Factors for Public Service Bodies
- Stephen McLoughlin – Tusla – Data and Information Management Lead – The Practioner Experience of getting ready for Open and Shared Data Publication
- Pierre Baviera – CEO for Derilinx – Moderator and Host
Individual Presentations are available here:
- Rhoda Kerins – the new Open Data and Public Service Information Directive – here
- Deirdre Lee – Overall Perspective of the new Directive and Key Success Factors for Public Service Bodies – here
- Stephen McLoughlin – The Practioner Experience of getting ready for Open and Shared Data Publication – here
Please fill out your details below to get access to the recording.