30 Jun Webinar – It’s time to Open Series II – How to Publish Open Data Effectively – June 30th, 2021
The revised Open Data Technical Publication Guidelines
June 30th, 2021 – 9.30 AM – 10.30 AM (BST)
It is confirmed – The new EU “Open Data and Re Use of Public Sector Information (PSI)” Directive will be transposed into Irish Law by July 2021.
In the first webinar of the “It’s Time to Open” series, organised by Derilinx, we took you through the nature of the Open Data Directive and the steps to take towards getting ready for it.
As a current or potential Open Data Publisher, you may face a number of common challenges, such as, what datasets should we publish first? In what format should I publish my data? and What’s the point of going to all this effort?
In the revised Open Data Technical Publication Guidelines, we focus on recommending best practices that will:
- Ensure the discoverability and accessibility of data,
- Empower people to understand and use data,
- Support increased public-service transparency,
- Drive evidence-based decision making and innovation, and
- Enable measurable impact.
Our second ‘It’s Time to Open’ webinar took place on June 30th 2021. We walked through the Technical Publication Guidelines, and how they can be applied in a simple and effective manner in your organisation. During the webinar, representatives from Public Service Bodies shared their experiences on the implementation of those guidelines.
- Rhoda Kerins – Head of Ireland Open Data Unit, Department of Public Expenditure and Reform
- Deirdre Lee – Founder and Director, Derilinx
- Brendan Lynn – Open Data Officer, Valuation Office
- Pierre Baviera – CEO, Derilinx – Moderator and Host